Thursday 9 June 2011

Wonderful Women

Today I called by, with Fr Jonathan Martin, to see the Fransican sisters of Littlehampton in their mother house. I can't think why I do not go more often. These religious women are holy, great fun, wise and hospitable. I had bumped into Sr Savio & Sr Dolores with Tony the dog on the sea front. This Tony is Tony IV, his fortunate forbears have all been Tonys. Sr Bonaventure reminded us that when Tony is called, if Mgr Tony Barry is in ear shot it is the monsignor who jumps to heel! Sr Peter, Sr Damien, Sr Anastasia and Sr Augustine joined us for tea. My own special pal and spiritual powerhouse is Sr Dominic. These wonderful women ask nothing and seem to give everything. Last weekend they celebrated the Centenary of their congregation with Bishop Kieran.

No comments:

Post a Comment